In 2020, digital marketing looks completely different to what it did just 10 years ago. We are seeing not only the growth of social media platforms like TikTok and Snapchat for magic marketing opportunities, but also the use of new digital technologies such as voice-controlled devices opening-up a world of possibilities for businesses. Who knows what will come next – so get ready and Revolutionise Your Digital Marketing!
So, what is Digital Marketing?
What better way to explore the definition of digital marketing than to use a digital tool? If you type ” Digital marketing definition,” into any well-known search engine, it will provide a response to the effect of: “Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes internet and online based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services.” (Source: Wikipedia).
What’s the best approach to Digital Marketing?
It’s all well and good understanding the definition but whatever business you run, from a firm of solicitors to an online flower shop, a focused digital marketing strategy is vital to achieve your goals of growth and sustainability.
The digital marketing strategy forms a major part of your overall marketing strategy, which in an Ideal world, is an inevitable solid slice of your business plan – investors need to know how you plan to sell your products and services. That said, it’s not a case of one-size-fits all.
Here’s an idea of what you need to focus on to Revolutionise Your Digital Marketing strategy and build your brand/sales:
- Keep It Targeted – Facebook as of 2020 has over 1.7 billion active users (Source: Statista). If you market out to everyone on Facebook, unless you’re Mark Zuckerberg, there’s little chance of reaching your buyers in any meaningful way. Knowing your ideal buyer inside out is the best way to make sure you’re marketing to them in a way they want to buy. Understanding your buyer helps you be where they are and share the content they care about.
- The Right Platforms – Following on from understanding your buyer, you’ll know exactly what digital platforms your typical buyer will use. Are they younger and more likely to use TikTok or Snapchat? Or are they older and more present on Facebook and Twitter? Wherever they are, that’s where you need to be. There’s no point in putting a lot of energy into a digital platform where your buyers are not.
- Reward and you shall Receive – Everyone likes a reward. Buyers love a competition or a discount. If you want to really optimise your digital marketing strategy, a sure-fire technique to grow your reach or generate revenue is to reward your followers on digital platforms. That could be those loyal email subscribers, regular website buyers or your day to day engaged followers. By making sure you reward, you will receive many benefits and most importantly, customer loyalty.
- Picture Perfect – There are few businesses these days that don’t in some way or another benefit from the sharing of visual content. Some of the leading and fastest-growing digital media platforms are video and photo-driven. Videos, infographs, photos and GIF’s provide quick, accessible and easily digestible consumer content.
- Get Emotional – In the current climate, people like to connect and share emotional stories. Stories that give the audience an emotional response. Cue digital marketing and you can really get your messages out in a meaningful and impactful way. Videos are the perfect digital marketing tool to pull on the old heart strings i.e. If you run an online dog accessories company, share videos across your socials that include the funniest K9 antics or the most special moments. A good laugh is sometimes all that stands in the way of buyers and their purchasing power.
- Continually Innovate – Times change and digital marketing changes even faster. Every month, someone shares content that trends on socials; a celebrity promotes a new platform, there’s a new technology that enables a new and exciting marketing opportunity. You’ve got to stay up to date if you want to stay in the game and that means not being afraid to do something creative, innovative and different to appeal to you’re audience.
Remember above and beyond everything else that digital marketing is growing and changing every day. People are relying on technology more and more and are constantly looking to consume content that provides them with an answer that they may or may not have a corresponding question to. If your brand is focused on your buyers, and you’re sharing engaging content and paving the way with new ideas, products and suggestions, then there’s only one way your company will go; the sky’s the limit and digital marketing is your rocket.
We are offering a FREE marketing consultation where we will analyse and review all current marketing activity and make recommendations on how to improve it. Fill in the form below to Revolutionise Your Digital Marketing.