If you want to grow your business and obtain more clients, you need a solid marketing strategy. But how do you create one that suits your industry, your brand, and your goals?
Here are some do’s and don’ts from Foster & Scott to get you started.
- Set Clear Goals – Before you start your marketing strategy you need to define what you want to achieve. Do you want to increase your sales and brand awareness or something else entirely? Having a clear and manageable goal will help you track your progress and adjust your strategy as needed.
- Know Your Audience – You can’t always market to everyone, so you need to decide who your ideal clients are. What are their needs, preferences, challenges, and motivations? Knowing your audience will help you create the right type of content that is relevant to them.
- Engage on Your Social Media – Social media is a great way to connect with current and prospective clients while showcasing your brand. You can use social media to share content, answer questions, and get feedback. However, make sure you don’t just post and forget! You need to interact with your followers and respond to their comments to help build a relationship.
- Create Email Marketing Content – Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your audience. You can use email marketing to send personalised messages, offers, and updates to your clients. Remember to not overcomplicate your message while keeping the content relevant and suited to your audience.
- Optimise Your SEO – Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of improving your website’s visibility and ranking on search engines such as Google. SEO helps you attract more organic traffic to your website, which can lead to more clients. To optimise your website SEO, you can do keyword research, optimise your site speed and performance, use meta tags and headings, and build links.
- Be Reactive, Be Proactive – Marketing is not a one-time thing. It’s an ongoing process that requires constant monitoring, testing, learning, and adapting. You shouldn’t wait for problems or opportunities to arise before reacting. You should always be on the lookout for new trends and competitors.
- Spam Your Clients – Nobody likes spam. Spamming your clients with irrelevant or excessive messages will only annoy them and could damage your relationship. You should always respect your client’s preferences and permissions when it comes to communication frequency and content. Always make sure to give them the option to unsubscribe or opt-out of your communications if they want to.
- Overpromise – It’s tempting to make big promises or claims to attract client attention. However, if you can’t deliver on them or back them up with evidence, you’ll only disappoint them and lose their trust. You should always be honest and realistic about what you can offer and what results you can achieve.
- Become Inconsistent – Your brand is more than just your logo and colours. It’s also your voice, values, and personality. You need to stay consistent across all your marketing platforms so that your clients can recognise you. Being inconsistent can lead to confusion and distrust from your clients.
- Neglect Your Website – Your website is often the first impression that potential clients have of your business. You need to make sure that your website is attractive, user-friendly, informative, and up-to-date. You should also ensure that it’s mobile-responsive, secure, quick to load and easy to navigate.
Are you on the lookout for a marketing agency that can take your business further? Look no further than Foster & Scott. We offer a range of services that cover all aspects of marketing and design to suit your needs. Whether you need a company website, a new brand logo, a social media campaign, or anything in between, we can help. Get in touch today to get a custom quote for all your marketing needs.